What is pozible? What is change?




more digital doodling

This week I held my breath waiting to see if a guy from Toowomba, QLD would achieve his target on crowdfunding site Pozible.com and finish his graphic novel "Circus".  At the eleventh hour there was a rush of support and he reached his target.

This was my second experience of supporting a project on Pozible.  What I have discovered is that those that receive also give. There is a large community out there who just want to see creativity flourish.

Another site I  love is Change.org. This is democracy at work. It is a site where individuals and groups can start a petition on issues that concern them. Some of them are frivolous but many are not.  A petition by  Australian Bishops - Geoffrey Robinson, Bill Morris and Pat Power calling on the Pope to end sexual abuse in the church is gaining momentum and I will be following it with interest as it is inherently linked to questions of cultural identity, values and cultural imprinting on children.

Out and about this week I taught a drawing class to 6-7 years old and visited  ESP Gallery in Marrickville, to catch the group exhibition "Shock and Awe".

The kids draw magnified segments of butterfly wings. They grasped the concept of abstraction with ease.  It was a wonderful experience to work with them.

My visit to ESP Gallery just reinforced my appreciation for  Artist Run Initiatives (ARI's).  The hard work and dedication of a small team of like minded artists giving fellow artists the opportunity to exhibit and the community the opportunity to experience art without the pretence.


Comments

Popular Posts