How long does it take to paint a shoe box white?

Over the past 3 weeks I have been working with the Ninja Monkey's class to create a Louise Nevelson inspired assemblage for the student art show. Here is a link to an Nevelson's Bio. As is usually the case working in schools, we has a lot of students and very little time.

The students used acrylic to paint their boxes.

I asked them to bring in cultural artefacts that express who they are. These were glued into their boxes then spray painted.

I wasn't willing to have them spray painting at school as the weather was so unpredictable and I didn't have the time to create safe spray boxes so I took the pieces home to spray paint.

Some of the students came over for a working bee to finish the work. They were rewarded with a chance to use the hot glue gun and do some well supervised spray painting.  One of the students brought over home baked chocolate muffins. These sustained them, though we had to keep an eye on the Ninja Monkey's father who was eyeing off the chocolatey goodness.


Bump in is tomorrow. I'll post some pictures if I have the energy.😅







Comments

Popular Posts