The 2022 Inner West Creative Trail - Opening my studio.

 Studios are places of work and can be cluttered, minimalist, messy or tidy, and everything in between. Most studios are not places you want lots of people traipsing through.  However, for two days a year artists of Sydney's Inner-West clean up, tidy up, get their portfolios out and welcome the general public.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many lovely people, chatting about my work, the history of the Addison Road Community Centre, contemporary art, and sustainability.

3 highlights.

1. rediscovering some of my experimental printmaking in a portfolio I haven't opened in a few years.

2. Meeting a 4 year old in a pink tutu who gave me a twirl so I could admire their outfit.  Then I watched as they chose one of my brooches to gift to Mama.  Mama popped in later wearing  the bright yellow and green dinosaur.

3. Catching up with a friend from art college days. We compared notes on parenting,  the price of paprikas, and making art.


As tidy as it gets

how long will it take to mess it up?
 

The rediscovered work

Experimental printmaking.
Using an old hungarian embossed paint roller I bought in a market in Osijek, Croatia.

Hand carved stamp over monoprint with thread
 
Hand carved stamp over monoprint with thread


Experimental printmaking.
Using an old hungarian embossed paint roller I bought in a market in Osijek, Croatia,
and a hand carved stamp I made from soft carve.


Experimental printmaking.
block print using soft carve over a monoprint.
 


Comments

  1. Thanks, Tanya, for opening your doors over the Inner West Creative Trails Weekend. If you haven’t seen Tanya’s amazing artwork you are missing out. Tarn works with sculpture, painting, printmaking and fibre art and is interested in the contemporary use of traditional symbols, artefacts and techniques. Come and visit her at her Addi Road studio to see her work or participate in her workshops.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts