180 students, 3 hours, 1 concrete slab

Assemblage and more


Today I worked with the wonderful Fiona Arnold facilitating Assemblage workshops for 180 high school students. The workshops culminated in the construction of an as yet untitled work that will be exhibited at Art on the Slab at the Addison Road Community Centre in Marrickville for the next month.

Untitled Assemblage,  Year 8, Burwood Girls High School, 2018 
I explained to the students that the ubiquitous milk crate is a design icon for a generation of shared households. I have seen some brilliant milk crate furniture as I am sure you have. From the simple vinyl record storage unit to the queen sized bed base there is little a milk crate can't do. I think they thought I was mad.

A highlight for me was watching Fiona Arnold teach some of the students how to use a power drill.



Untitled Assemblage,  Year 8, Burwood Girls High School, 2018


Students were also treated to a workshop with Sydney based DJ and Hop Hip artist Kween G.

The students wrote and recorded a rap. Check out Kween G on Facebook.




But Wait there's more.. 





the Habitat Tree


Students also toured the Addison Road Centre delivering donations to the Food Pantry and taking in the sights and sounds of addi Rd.

Do visit the ARCCO facebook page for the latest news and events.

Comments

Popular Posts