Another year bites the dust.


Another year flies by.


My year long residency at Reverse Garbage has come to an end. It has been a great year and now I am look forward to the new year.

December is a bit manic for many people. I am usually pretty chilled about the holiday season but this year I am playing catch up as I had surgery in early November and have been recuperating. I can't lift anything for 6 weeks. This is a sculptor's worst nightmare. So I am busying myself making some gifts and attempting to sort out the mess in my studio.


Doodling with polymer clay


I find January a difficult time as I often feel at a loose end.  Fortunately I will have a bit of work facilitating workshops at Reverse Garbage so that will keep me out of trouble. Teach kids about sustainability while helping them develop construction techniques is rewarding.

I always think twice before binning anything.  The Ninja Monkey and I made our Christmas Tree with items out of the recycle bin.


Here it is! Made from a cardboard box, old magazines, toilet rolls, a pizza box, a soda bottle, patty pans, skewers and some decorations we made from salt dough. The tree folds flat and can be recycled again. 









Comments

Popular Posts