Bricks and Bones


Summer time in the Yorkshire Dales is truly beautiful.  My family and I are staying in the village of Airton in an apartment that is part of an old mill converted into homes. The river Aire runs past the site. The sound of water babbling across stones is a constant. Airton was a Quaker village so has no pub. In this day and age it is no impediment to trying the fine ales of Yorkshire.







I have familial ties with the north and feel very much at home. As the centre of the industrial revolution in England there is engaging history to explore and be inspired by.  Urbanisation, mechanisation, cultural development, decay and death are all topics I like to explore in my work and I am sure you will agree this is evident in the works I have posted here.


view from canal, Skipton Nth Yorkshire
Social Engineering



Collage 2009
   






















model village, Clonakilty, co Cork, Ireland


Driving through Cork, Ireland

Location, location, location 2005

work in progress 2014
Iberia to Eire  Blockprint 2014

Comments

Popular Posts